Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Birthday Decor: Truffula Trees

I mentioned in my last post that some of the Tissue Paper Pom Poms I made were going to be Truffula Trees. All I had to do was figure out how to attach them to the branches that we had painted yellow to look like the tree trunks.

(Yes, that's my husband watching The Masters in the background.)

It ended up being way easier than I imagined. All it took was a large paperclip to hold the pom pom onto the branch! I just pushed the branch through the middle of the pom pom and secured the paperclip on to one of the accordion folds on either side. Easy peasy! I now have 4 trees. Not exactly sure which area of the party room they will end up in, but possible around the food or cake table. I'm going to use a terra cotta flower pot flipped upside down to hold them up. (The branches will fit through the drainage hole.) The tall ones will be in pot and the short ones in another. Then I'll drape some fabric around the pot to hide it. Here are some close ups...

Only 4 days until Party Day and I need to go tend to the "Roast Beast" in my crock pot! Have a great day!

~Anika

No comments: