Saturday, April 14, 2012

1st Birthday Party: Dr. Seuss Theme

Today was party day!! My boys are officially 1! Their party was a blast. I'll be posting more pictures soon, but here are some of the decorations I was working on in my last few posts...

The Boys' Table: Tissue Paper Pom Pom background, Party hats, Newborn pictures, Happy Birthday Balloons. I hadn't attached their caddies to the table yet in this picture. We also had a plastic table cloth on the floor to catch the frosting and cake!

Table Centerpieces: Dr. Seuss book and plush character on a square of Dr. Seuss fabric. I have collected the characters and books for my classroom over the past several years from the Kohl's Cares for Kids program at Kohl's stores. I ordered a Fat Quarter Stack of Dr. Seuss fabric from thefatquartershop.com. I'm planning to make the boys pillows out of it now that the party is over.

Welcome Table: Happy Birthday to You books and a poem directing people to leave the boys a birthday message, Truffula Trees, Dr. Seuss Books, a picture of the boys and the Lunch Box party favors for the kiddos. (The party was at our church, which explains the picture of The Last Supper.)

Photo Booth!!: This was what I was most excited for! I made this background using inspiration from Horton Hears a Who...
...and there was a table next to the background of various props for guests to use in their pictures. They included a couple kittywampus frames painted red and blue, party hats that I covered in Dr. Seuss patterned paper that I purchased on etsy, green Sneetches stars, a feather boa, a white puff (Horton's clover), Thing 1 and Thing 2 circles, Dr. Seuss's ABC Book, and a platter of Green Eggs and Ham.
I'm working on editing the rest of the pictures from the party so check back soon for them!

Thanks for visiting!
~Anika

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wowzers! You've been a busy girl and it looks GREAT! What great memories you'll have with those photo booth pictures. On our guys' day I decorated w/ party decor scrounged up in the garage that morning, and we invited a few friends for a playdate just the day before. Different, but easy :)