Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Orange Zest!

I just love this Orange Zest and I wouldn't even consider orange to be a favorite color of mine! Just makes for some fun and cheery cards!


Well, I'm off to my classroom. It needs some major work and since my sister-in-law volunteered to come help me today (love her!!) I figured I'd take advantage of the extra hands. Besides that, it's raining out so I might as well get some inside things done!

Have a great day!
~Anika

Supplies: (All Papertrey Ink unless noted)
Cardstock: Orange Zest, Kraft, Dotty Biscotti
Stamps: Signature Greetings, Fancy Flourishes
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Spiced Marmalade Distress Ink
Other: Beautiful Blooms II #3 Die Collection, Scor-Pal, Misc. buttons from Wal-Mart

15 comments:

Sue Ann said...

I LOVE OZ TOO!! Great card and I love the cut flowers with the flourish behind it ....... and the scor lines .... PERFECT!!

Barbara said...

Love this! Wonderful simple design and I love the colors!

Lee Anne said...

This card is wonderful! I have orange zest on its way to my house today! Can't wait to see it! You could make a bunch of these to have in your drawer at school! Then you'll always have a card ready for someone when they need it!

Diane Jaquay said...

I agree, orange zest rocks! I love your card, very simple but it packs quite a punch with those colors and the pretty flowers!

Dana said...

Well orange IS my favorite color, so I think this card rocks!

BethieJ said...

Anika I LOVE this! I LOVE orange zest.. especially now.. with fall coming so soon!
Have a GREAT day!

Amy said...

When I opened my GR today....I thought WOW.....how awesome and simple is this card! I love everything about it..even the orange!!

Belinda said...

Love the orange base -- definitely fun and cheery!! :)

Jill said...

I totally agree with you on Orange Zest! It's just so happy. :-) Lovely simple card today, with that nicely placed flourish!

Sharron said...

This is such a fabulous card! Love the simple design and bright color--just perfect!

Laurie said...

Anika I love the Kraft and Orange! What a cute card!!

Keva said...

Pretty! I love that flourish behind the flowers..

sillyleann said...

Oh, my!! I just love how this turned out. Perfect!!!

Katie {choc0holic} said...

Since I'm obviously working my way 'backwards' through my Google Reader...you just had to go and use Dotti Biscotti on another card, didn't you? I absolutely love these little flowers...and the flourish behind them is a great 'grounding' element.

Jen Carter said...

Such a fun whimsical card! Love the flourish behind the flowers and the way you doubled up the flowers! The scoring on the side of the card adds the perfect touch!