Saturday, March 5, 2011

Baby Shower Thank You

Tomorrow is our first Baby Shower so I decided I should whip up some Thank You cards today.

We have been working on the nursery over the past couple weeks. The cribs my dad built are amazing! Last weekend I found curtains and we bought car seats. Less than 6 weeks to go now! If you haven't voted in our gender poll, check out my previous post and cast your vote on the right side of my blog.
I have weekly ultrasounds now until they are born, here are a couple pictures from this weeks. They were so wiggly it was hard to get clear pictures, but they needed to wiggle to "pass" the test so I guess they were just being good "students"!

Baby A weighed in at 4lbs 7oz and is head down. Baby A spends most of his/her time kicking Baby B in the face...awesome, right?? I just hope it doesn't continue once they are born! :)

Baby B weighed in at 4lb 12oz and is breech. I was also a breech baby and my mom has told me many times how much it hurt to have my head in her ribs...I am quickly realizing what she meant! Baby B is getting good at blocking the kicks to the face with his/her fists.

My doctor told me I look better than many singleton mom's do at 32 weeks! She also told me that I probably won't get any stretch marks on my stomach at this point!! WOO-HOO!! Then she said that also means my skin will bounce back better since it isn't 'damaged'. I had come to terms with the idea of "Twin Skin" so the possibility of not having a stretch marked flap of skin was certainly exciting news!

Whether I end up with "Twin Skin" or not, we are so excited that April is almost here and that my pregnancy has been so easy. Hope you are having a great Saturday!

Thanks for stopping by!
~Anika

Supplies: (All Papertrey Ink unless noted)
Cardstock: Kraft, Vintage Cream
Stamps: Baby Button Bits, Star Prints, A Little Argyle
Ink: Dark Chocolate, Hawaiian Shores, VersaMark
Other: Sweet Blush Twill Ribbon, Hawaiian Shores Button, Cream Button Twine, American Crafts ZING! Clear Embossing Powder

15 comments:

Mad for Paper said...

Wow, congratulations. How exciting. The cribs are beautiful.
TFS
Ang

Diane Jaquay said...

Look at your little one sucking his/her thumb! I love seeing ultrasound pics :) I can't even imagine how exciting it must be to be expecting twins, hope everything continues to go well!

Melissa said...

So exciting, Anika! The cribs are beautiful, as is the thank you card! So glad to hear that you are doing well!

Eva said...

Great card...love the baby room...oh my twins! Congrats!

Sue Ann said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE .......... and I love the card too :) There is a ton of nesting going on in your neck of the woods !!!!

Debbie Gaydos said...

Ahhhh, well, what goes around comes around, right?? LOL! The cribs look AMAZING, and your ty card is SUPER cute! I hope your shower is lots of fun today!

Stephanie said...

Anika.....Your thank-you card is just darling and perfect. Your nursery is just coming along beautifully and those cribs are amazing! What a crafty family!

If Love Was Water, I'd Give You The Sea said...

There is a picture of the new curtains! Love them, they're very fun!!

BethieJ said...

Anika LOVE the sweet thank yous! LOVE the BEAUTIFUL cribs.. and a big CONGRATS on the upcoming arrival of the babies.. not long now!!!
Enjoy your baby shower!!!
Have a GREAT day!

Suzanne said...

So exciting, Anika!! It's such a cute thank you card, too!

Jen Adcock said...

aww. Such a lovely card. I love today's post too. How exciting! Look at that cutie having a good old thumb suck. I haven't had twins, but have plenty of stretch marks to show for my little ones. I like to think of them as my badge of honor ;-) All the very best!

Mutzy Mia said...

Cute card, beautiful cribs, darling "room in waiting". Pretty soon it will be one busy little room. Enjoy each day!

Jen Carter said...

Your cribs look fabulous!! I LOVE them! And that curtain is so cute! And the babies...well, they look so sweet too! SO EXCITED FOR YOU!!!

Nadine said...

The cribs do look amazing! Your dad did a great job, it looks like a lot of love went into them. I also loved looking at the latest baby pics. I think Baby B is giving me the shaka wave or wait is that a block? Im happy to hear that your pregnancy has been going so well!

Katie said...

Clock's a tickin'...hooray! Those cribs are GORGEOUS...I'd love to have something that striking. So happy to hear that all is well!