Thursday, March 17, 2011

Spring Break!


It's Spring Break here and I am taking full advantage of that! I couldn't go anywhere warm this year, but it's been pretty nice out here anyway. I got to start the week with a massage (birthday present from my parents)...not sure what part I liked better, the actual massage or being able to lay on my stomach for 90 minutes!? Then my best friend, Kari, had given me a gift card to a spa for my birthday so I went for a pedicure on Tuesday. Now instead of plain old swollen feet, I have cute swollen feet!!

Amidst the pampering, I have been quite productive. Remember those quilts I started after Christmas? Well, as of yesterday, both tops are finished!! Woo-Hoo!! Now I just have to have them quilted and bind the edges!


Here are some close ups...
Not all of my corners meet this well, but why photograph a bad corner? It's actually a very forgiving quilt pattern, and unless you are looking for them, you don't even notice the wonky corners!
4 weeks or 28 days or 672 hours or 40,320 minutes...however you want to put it, that's how long we have until these babies arrive! You have a couple more weeks to vote in our gender poll if you haven't already.

I'm off to be a model today! My cousin is a hairstylist, and she is teaching some color classes and asked if I wanted to be her model...maybe I should have asked which class she was teaching before agreeing, hopefully it's not "Choosing the Right Shade of Purple 101" or something!! :)

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you have a great day!
~Anika

8 comments:

June K said...

Wow, Anika these are beautiful. Such talent.

If Love Was Water, I'd Give You The Sea said...

I'm so glad that you have had such a nice week! You deserve the pampering and the quilts look beautiful! Can't believe there are only 4 weeks left, it's going to go by so quickly!! Miss you tons, wish I could be home with you!

Mad for Paper said...

Sounds like you've had a nice relaxing week. Massage and a pedicure. My two favorite things. Love the quilts. some of the fabrics look like they were made with PTI stamps.
TFS
Ang

Linda said...

Your quilts are beautiful. I don't think the babies will care about wonky corners, just the warmth and love that went into them. Love your lemonade thoughts. Happy you now have "cute swollen feet"! Not much longer . . .

Mutzy Mia said...

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like your family and friends knew you'd need some pampering during these last few weeks. The quilts turned out cute and will look nice on those new beds. Enjoy your Spring Break!

Katie said...

I love the quilts. What a treasure! I'm so happy to hear you're pampering yourself a bit. Chances are you'll feel anything but pampered after those babies come...so enjoy it now!

IamDerby said...

Gorgeous quilts! I am in awe

Monica K. said...

These are so lovely, Anika! You did an amazing job. I just signed up for some quilting classes a few days ago. I'm hoping to make some things before the baby arrives too!!