Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Color Couture Cards

When Papertrey Ink introduced Dawn's Color Couture embellishments, I was in love!! Of course, I bought Volumes 1-3 right away.  I hadn't used them much because they were on a shelf where I didn't see them much and I never seemed to have the time to cut them out.  Well, last night I sat down with my trusty Cutterbees - while my husband was watching a show that I didn't care about -  and I just started cutting away!  I am happy to say that I now have all of Volumes 1-3 cut out, and yes, my hand hurts a little!  Now I have to buy Volumes 4-6!

I LOVE this color scheme!  And I finally got to add some ruffly ribbon to a card!
I am loving this polka dot stamp from the Round and Round set!  (Go figure!)

For those of you who saw my previous two posts, I have an update...my friend had a baby boy this morning!!  Can't wait to meet him.

Thanks for stopping by!
~Anika

Supplies: (All Papertrey Ink)

Card #1:
Cardstock: Kraft, Raspberry Fizz, Aqua Mist Bitty Box
Other: Color Couture Volume 1, Raspberry Fizz Satin Ribbon, Hawaiian Shores Button, Giga Guidelines Impression Plate

Card #2:
Cardstock: Kraft
Stamps: Delightful Dahlia, Round and Round
Ink: Berry Sorbet, Dark Chocolate
Other: Color Couture Volume 3, Berry Sorbet Saddle Stitched Ribbon 

9 comments:

If Love Was Water, I'd Give You The Sea said...

YEAH!! She had the baby!!! BTW, love the ribbon on the first card!

Dana said...

Your ruffles are incredible!

Ted said...

Anika, love the second card...the pink just POPs off the kraft paper! :)

Diane Jaquay said...

These are beautiful, and the ribbon ruffles on the top card totally ROCK!!!

Susan said...

Gorgeous cards!! Love those colors together. That ribbon treatment is just gorgeous!! Congrats to your friend.

Jackie Pedro said...

Beautiful cards!!! I hope you know how much I adore the ruffled ribbon!!!

Erica said...

Great cards-I love the ribbon ruffles!

Lee Anne said...

Love the ribbon! I bought the first Color Couture and it is still sitting in a drawer, untouched. Think I'll do what you did and cut things out while watching TV. Great idea!

Jen Carter said...

These are both SO cute!! LOVE, LOVE the ribbon on the first one!! That is so pretty!