Monday, July 26, 2010

Card Making Day with Katie

Katie & I have been friends since Kindergarten and she had a baby boy a couple weeks ago. Today she came over to make some thank you cards. We had fun chatting and crafting.

We managed to make 22 of these before we ran out of Kraft cardstock. (Katie is now in love with Kraft cardstock and is having me pick up 2 packs of it for her at CHA!) I think they are adorable - it certainly helps having a cute baby as the focal point! We are planning another day to craft some more before I head back to school and she heads back to work.

Over the weekend we went to a bridal shower and this is the card I made them. I {heart} Guidelines 2!!

I'm not sure if I will be back here before I leave for Chicago or not - tomorrow might get busy. I can't believe that one week from today I will already be home! Can't wait to meet some of you!

Thanks for stopping by!
~Anika

Supplies: (All Papertrey Ink unless noted)
Thank you card
Cardstock: Kraft, misc. baby blue
Stamps: Star Prints
Ink: Dark Chocolate
Other: Polka Dot Impression Plate, Ribbon from Michael's, baby picture

Celebrate card
Cardstock: Kraft, Stamper's Select White, Berry Sorbet, Hawaiian Shores
Stamps: Guidelines 2, Damask Designs
Ink: Hawaiian Shores, Berry Sorbet, Tea Dye Duo, Antique Linen Distress Ink
Other: Dark Chocolate Satin ribbon, Cream Button Twine, White Button

9 comments:

Bonita Rose said...

beautiful cards, and lucky u for going to CHA.. hv a great time... I wud love to do that one year! hugs xo
those baby cards are fabulous!

Kara said...

cute cards...sounds like fun to craft with a good friend!

Laura Isham said...

such beautiful cards! Have a great time at CHA

katie said...

have tons of fun in chicago!! ps jason l-o-v-e-s our baby thank you's...cant wait to send out!!

Ann said...

That baby card is so sweet - such a beautiful simple design - love it! Have a great time at the CHA Anika and remember..... spend, spend, spend!

Laurie said...

Anika these are so cute! I love the announcement and the card is gorgeous too!

Jen Carter said...

Both of these are so cute! I love your shower card. That is so pretty!

Jennifer K said...

Adorable cards! See you soon!

Amy Kolling said...

Gotta love guidelines! Super card!