Monday, July 11, 2011

Bea

A little over a year ago, some of our good friends had a daughter and they named her Bea. Sadly, she had Trisomy 18 and her life on earth was short. She now lives on in the hearts of those who were fortunate enough to have known and loved her. A few days before her first birthday, her parents were at our house and her mom happened to look through one of my PaperCrafts magazines. A card made by Betsy Veldman featured a sentiment from the Papertrey Ink With Sympathy: Loss of Child stamp set. She wrote the sentiment on a Post-It. I had been trying to figure out what to get them in honor of Bea's birthday so as soon as they left, I got to work on this...
Sorry about the glare, I didn't have the time (or the patience) to take the frame apart and remove the glass for the pictures!

I used the tissue paper technique again, but this time I applied the tissue over some PTI & Basic Gray patterned papers. And since I don't own the PTI stamp set with the sentiment, I printed it onto cardstock instead. I used Raspberry Fizz ink and a stamp from Dot Spot to add some pink to some chipboard letters I had in my stash.

Enjoy the day!
~Anika

2 comments:

Sue Ann said...

I know they will love this gift and they will hold it close to their hearts. You are a special friend to them!!!

Mutzy Mia said...

What a special and thoughtful thing to do. It will be something they will treasure and a beautiful reminder of a little life they held, if only briefly.