Friday, July 26, 2013

Tote Bag

I have actually had some time to get crafty this summer! Just no time to blog about it. Oh well, at least the dust is off my sewing machine, stamp sets, and cricut!

Today, the boys are cooperating by napping, however, so I am going to quick share a tote bag I just finished.  (It's a birthday gift for my brother's girlfriend and I am giving it to her tonight.  I don't think she reads my blog, but Ashley, if you are reading this here's your gift! Happy Birthday!)

I saw the tutorial for this tote on Make It & Love It the other day just after I had received a box of fabric from onlinefabricstore.com.  I had been trying to figure out what to get Ashley and decided I had plenty of time to whip this up with a couple of the new fabrics I had ordered.  The tutorial was really easy to follow and I love the final product...it's going to be hard to wrap up and give away, but I say that about almost everything I make!


It's bigger than I was expecting, which is awesome!


Now to pick up a few things to put in it before I wrap it up!  (Magazines, Snacks...)


Linking up here...be sure to check out what everyone else has been up to!
five days five ways | feature friday free for all

Hope you are enjoying your summer!  I will try not to take another 2 month hiatus from blogging, but no promises with back to school time only weeks away.  (Am I the only one who can't believe it will be August in a week??)

Thanks for stopping by!
~Anika

5 comments:

Sara Mac said...

Anika this is so adorable! Who wouldn't love to get this for a gift. Find more awesome fabrics and make more!

Sara Mac said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Heidi said...

That's a beautiful bag Anika! She's going to love it!! :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous tote bag! I love the fabrics you used, especially the bird fabric.

Navy Wifey Peters @ <a href="http://www.usscrafty.blogspot.com/2013/08/submarine-sunday-43.html>Submarine Sunday Link Party</a>

B said...

This is pretty awesome! Super cool!